Toffee-Almond Oatmeal Cookies
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
2 1/2 dozen
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened, or substitute butter-flavored Crisco, for all, or part of the butter)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces (Skor bits, Heath bits, or crushed Skor or Heath candy bars!)
- 3⁄4 cup almonds (toasted and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in oats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in toffee chips and almonds.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2-3 minutes. Then, remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG, these are addictive!!! I made the full recipe and did use 1/4 cup crisco shortening and 1/2 cup butter and used the Heath Bits (no chocolate) and use 1/2 AP flour and 1/2 WW flour. I made 7 cookies without the almonds and then added them for the remaining cookies. My DS is not a fan of any kind of nut, including peanuts, so those were the 7 for him. I really loved the flavor of the toasted slivered almonds in the cookies. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for Photo Tag Game.