To Die for Banana Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This was one of my Aunt's favorite recipes. When I was little, the smell of this baking in her kitchen was one of the best smells my nose had ever smelled. Try it! It's amazing.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
- With a fork, mash 2 of the bananas in a small bowl so they still have some texture.
- Beat the remaining 2 bananas and sugar together for about 3 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla to the banana/sugar mixture, mix well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until they are incorporated, no need to over-mix.
- Fold in the pecans and the mashed bananas.
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan, and give it a rap against the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Don't worry if the bread develops a crack down the middle, it's common and won't hurt a thing!
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION