- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- Crockpot instructions: Place chuck roast, onion soup mix, brown gravy mix, and apple juice into a crockpot and cook on low for 5 to 8 hours.
- Oven instructions: Mix together the apple juice, onion soup mix, and brown gravy mix in a casserole dish.
- Add chuck roast, and cook covered for 2 1/2 to 3 hours in a 325 degree oven (165 degrees C).
Join The Conversation
I made the oven version. So easy and delicious! I added quartered potatoes and baby carrots, and within an hour the smell was wonderful. In 2 1/2 hrs, dinner was ready and it was tender and tasty for a cheap little roast! The gravy was fantastic too. I bought 2 roasts (buy one - get one free sale) so I will be making this again! Thanks for posting a keeper Ang! Made for Harvest Moon Apple Festival.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #ff00ff;><strong><img title=Cool src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif border=0 alt=Cool /> <span style=color: #000000;>Hi! Im Angela and I am 32. I have a brilliant and beautiful 11 yr old son. He is the best thing that ever happened to me! </span></strong></span></p>