Three Bean Hotdish
photo by Ackman
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Crisco, butter flavor preferred
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, light preferred
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (22 ounce) can baked beans, BUSH's preferred
- Melt shortening in a large fry pan.
- Brown ground beef, bacon & onion together.
- Season to taste with Lawry's Season Salt & Black Pepper.
- Drain & discard fat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar & dry mustard.
- Cover & simmer on med. low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the kidney beans & butter beans. DO NOT drain the baked beans!
- Stir the ground beef mixture & all the beans together & place into a 2-3 quart casserole dish & bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350°.
- NOTE: You can place all ingredients into a 4 quart crock pot & simmer for several hours on low instead of baking in oven.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong>The only thing I like better than cooking, is eating! I learned a lot about cooking from my Dad & an ornery old Norwegian cook, that I used to work for. <br />I don't get into fancy foods...just good ol' down-home, stick-to-your-ribs vittles...I'm a COOK...NOT a Chef! I <span>LUV</span> to bbq & grill!!<img title=Cool src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif border=0 alt=Cool /> Except for pies, I don't do much baking, such as cookies, bars or cakes...that's the wife's dept. & believe me, she does a mighty FINE job!!! <br />I'm a firm believer that flavored coffee & flavored beer should be OUTLAWED & I will NOT eat Lima Beans or Lutefisk...YUK!!! <img title=Yell src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif border=0 alt=Yell /><br />Our favorite place to eat is Old Abe's...a local supper club located on a wooded back-road! We also enjoy Panera Bread, Dickey's BBQ & Picanha Brazillian Steak House!!!<br />I've been married since 1977 to the most wonderful lady a man could ever ask for. We have 9 beautiful Grandkids...5 girls 4 boys, a VERY SPOILED white German Shephard (Tori) & a VERY goofy cat (Angel)! (Both of these are rescued animals.) <br />We collect antique gasoline engines & attend several shows here in the Midwest.I also enjoy ice fishing, Milwaukee Brewers baseball, WI Badger football, but most of all, we're HUGE GREEN BAY PACKERS Fans!!!!! GO PACK GO!!!!!</strong></p> 8724987"