The Ultimate Breakfast Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 lb diced Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup French onion dip (optional) or 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cooked bacon or 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup diced and sauteed' red and green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups biscuit mix or 2 cups self rising flour
- 6 large beaten eggs
- 20 ounces thawed package frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper (suit to your own taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup crumbled buttery crackers or 1 cup potato chips
- Melt the first five ingredients (or six if you use the sour cream or onion dip) in the microwave, stirring every couple of minutes until cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Let the cheese mixture cool.
- In a extra large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients (Flour or baking mix and spices).
- When the Cheese mixture has cooled, add it to the dry mix.
- next add eggs, meat, mushrooms and peppers.
- Last add the potatoes (make sure they are not frozen and if they seem wet use a paper towel and pat them dry).
- When everything has been mixed, divide and pour the batter into two 9x13 sprayed or greased baking dishes. (I usually freeze 1/2 for a later date). This recipe freezes well.
- Top the batter with crumbled Ritz crackers or even Lay's potato chips.
- Bake on 375° to 400° (depending on how hot your oven gets) for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve with Salsa, sliced tomatoes, or sour cream and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Say Hi to my Toy Poodle Peek-A-Boo! She was born on Mothers day, 2007 About Me ~ I was born in Arlington Virginia. My Mother and Father both worked for the F.B.I. After I was born we moved back to Tennessee, Where my parents were born. I have remained here because of the beautiful Mountains! We bought a Home overlooking the mountains of Cumberland Gap Tn. I love to cook!!! Before I became disabled, I worked as a Caterer and as a Supervizing Manager in a Deli/Market for 15 years. It was my life. I miss it very much. I have learned alot about cooking and baking from my Grandmother's and my Aunt's.We do a lot of canning, things like Jellies and Apple butter, Chow Chow,Mixed pickles, Strawberry jam, Gr. Beans and Pickled Beats. And my favorite is the homemade Strawberry Jam. We have even had several Mollasses Stir Offs in the Fall at my Church & we make Apple Butter and Cider. I was raised in the Southeast and we love to COOK. It must be something in the water? LOL & If it involves cooking count me in!!! I Love the Food Network and all the cooking shows. I Have found alot of great recipes and made alot of friends from this Web site. Participation Awards: <img a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"img src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/Donna4566/kitchenexpeditionslogo2-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"/asrc="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/purplechefhat.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/Donna4566/MAINBANNER.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>