The Best Catfish Tacos You'll Ever Eat
- Ready In:
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F.
- Rinse and pat dry catfish pieces and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Dredge catfish in flour mixture until well coated and fry a few at a time in hot oil until golden and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all have been fried and then refry them for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. This will make them crispier. Drain again.
- In a cast iron or other heavy skillet, spray with nonstick spray and heat the tortillas on each side. Place in oven to keep warm. Meanwhile, mix the tartar sauce with a few drops of Tobasco.
- Spread each tortilla with a tablespoons of tartar sauce and some of the coleslaw and finally catfish pieces.
- Serve with additional tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a 60 year old man living in south Arkansas with my wonderful wife. we've been married almost 35 years and we both love to cook. I became disabled and confined to a power chair in 1990 so I have a lot of time to try new recipes. In our church I'm famous for my melt in your mouth briskets. But nobody grills a porterhouse steak like my sweetie. We are looking for new recipes all the time. When I found RecipeZaar I new I had hit the jackpot. Our favorite restaurant is an all you can eat place called The Old Feed House; <br />Catfish, froglegs,ribs, etc with all the trimmings. Standing room only at times.</p>