1. Blend Fish, coriander leaves, lime juice, spring onions, curry paste, chilli and a little salt until you have a fine mince, dont make a paste.
2. Take the mixture and roll out little balls about 4cm in diameter. Cling film and put in the fridge to firm up.
3. Blend cucumber, shallots or salad onions, carrot, chilli, ginger and peanuts until very finely chopped. Transfer the chopped vegetables to a bowl. Next mix the sugar with the vinegar to dissolve it, then pour it over the vegetables along with the soy sauce and groundnut oil. Mix thoroughly.
4. To cook the fish cakes, heat 2 tablespoons of groundnut oil in a frying pan and, when it's very hot and beginning to shimmer, fry the cakes for about 1 minute on each side, then drain on crumpled kitchen paper.
5. Garnish with sprigs of coriander and serve with the cucumber dipping sauce.