Thai Egg Crepes
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- Place 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a bowl. Add ginger, eggs, milk, sesame oil and salt, whisk well.
- Heat a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Dab paper towel in remaining melted butter and coat pan.
- Ladle a thin layer of crepe batter in pan, coating bottom evenly. Once batter begins to bubble in the middle, flip crepe and cook for 3-5 seconds on other side.
- Remove from pan and lay on a dry kitchen towel.
- Repeat process with remaining crepe batter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
With just 2 of us for this recipe, I cut it in half & then froze quite a few of the completed crepes! This first time around I served four of them, each wrapped around 3 cooked asparagus spears & really like they way they dressed up the veggie! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
We had mixed reviews, though none bad, so I took the average. I really enjoyed the crepes, no flour meant I could eat them to my heart's content. Dh was thinking just a wee bit more ginger in there, but then we are big fans of ginger :). Thanks for another lovely recipe, Nif ! Made and reviewed for Tasty Testers, ZWT#9.
Very tasty! These were an attempt on my part to throw some extra vegetarian protein into an Asian meal, and they did not disappoint. I love the flavor the sesame oil adds, and of course you can't go wrong with butter ;). I enjoyed them plain with a heavily flavored meal, but I can see how they would be wonderful with just about any filling. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.