Texas Pecan Cake
- Ready In:
1 10 inch tube cake
- 2 cups butter (if using margarine, not spread or tub product) or 2 cups margarine, softened (if using margarine, not spread or tub product)
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle lemon extract
- 4 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift 3 1/2 cups flour and baking powder together, reserving 1/2 cup flour.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon extract, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat well after each addition (the batter will be quite thick).
- Dredge pecans and raisins in remaining 1/2 cup flour; stir into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 3/4 hours or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto cooling rack and let cool completely before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!