Texas Chicken Burgers
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Combine ground chicken, green onions, zucchini, carrot, chili powder, salt, cumin, and ground red pepper just until well blended but not overmixed.
- On waxed paper, shape ground chicken mixture into four 3 1/2 inch patties, handling meat as little as possible.
- Spray a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Place patties in skillet and cook about 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside.
- These are great cooked outside on the grill too!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were very good. I made them with ground turkey meat and found I needed to add about 1/2 cup of raw oatmeal to the mixture because it was very wet. I froze the patties and then cooked them on the BBQ. Will definitely make these again and will probably experiment with different spices although those listed worked well.