MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Guacamole with a Tex-Mex twist. Corn, black beans, tequilla...what else could you want!?
- Ready In:
- 2 ripe hass avocados
- 8 ounces sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion (texas 1015)
- 1⁄2 minced jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon minced medium garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil or 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ounce good tequila
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Saute onions 1-2 minutes or until translucent/clear.
- Stir in corn and beans, season with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, while stiring gently.
- Add garlic and jalapeno and continue sauteing mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tequilla, remove from heat and let cool.
- While mixture is cooling, peel and pit avacados and place in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mash avacado with form until majority of lumps have been removed.
- Stir in sour cream, remaining salt, hot suace, and lime juice. Mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer guacamole into serving dish, making a mound in the center.
- Spoon cooled vegetable mixture along edges and on part of mound. (If preferred, you may mix guacamole and vegetable mixture together and incorporate tomatos to create a mixed dip).
- Serve with tortilla chips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION