Teriyaki Ginger Lime Salmon
photo by Monie K
- Ready In:
2 4 oz fillets
- 2 tablespoons prepared teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 1⁄2 small limes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest (use less if you don't like limes that much)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- Combine Teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger, red wine vinegar, scallions or green onion, lime zest and juice of one lime, chopped garlic, and red pepper flakes and set aside. (adjust the salt, sweetness, spiciness, zestiness to your taste).
- Heat the pan or skillet to very hot and add oil.
- Season fish with pinch of black pepper and salt.
- Sear the fish skin side down.
- Turn and sear the other side.
- Reduce heat and add a few spoonfuls of sauce to fish at a time and let simmer.
- When the sauce becomes a glaze, squeeze the remaining ½ lime over fish.
- Turn the fish once to twice spoon glaze in pan over the fish and cook until fish reaches at least 160 degrees or longer if you like.
- Remove to a serving dish and top with sliced green part of green onion.
- Serve with brown rice seasoned with pinch of salt, pepper, and scallions or green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!