Ten Mothers Garlic and Spinach Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups vegetable broth, good-quality
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped, tough stems discarded
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove the outer papery covering of the garlic. Slice off the top of each head so most of the cloves are exposed. Place on a square of aluminum foil for easy cleanup, or select the smallest baking dish you have. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over each head. Fold the foil over the garlic to completely enclose it, or cover the baking dish with foil.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, until the garlic is completely soft and lightly browned.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic pulp into a medium-sized saucepan. Add the broth and stir well to combine. Simmer for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Just before serving, stir in the spinach and simmer until wilted, about 4 minutes. Stir vigorously (the garlic has tendency to settle out.).
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a single mom to four wonderful kids. They keep my hands full! My job as a nurse is very enjoyable, as I am definitely a "caretaker" type of person. I love being a mom and a nurse! Circumstances beyond my control have made tightening my family's belt more than ever before. Even going through nursing school full-time with four kids wasn't this tight! Food prices, along with fuel prices are completely insane right now. We no longer go out to eat at our favorite restaurants anymore. I am ever grateful for finding RecipeZaar, as we have been finding our favorite dishes here. RecipeZaar has really helped us live within our new budget with all the delicious foods we have been trying. Thank you to all the recipe posters!