Tasty & easy chicken and stuffing
The prepared stuffing keeps the chicken nice and moist, which can be hard to do in the crock pot! I don't add any additional seasonings because the stuffing takes care of that too! Hope you like :)
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 5 frozen pieces boneless skinless chicken
- 1 package bread stuffing mix, chicken flavor
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- Place frozen chicken in the bottom of lightly greased crock pot.
- Evenly spread prepared stuffing on top of chicken.
- Mix together the soup and the mushrooms.
- Pour on top of stuffing, spreading out to evenly cover.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My only complaint isn't with the recipe--I should have used thigh meat instead of breast. The breast meat is dry, even in the crockpot. This couldn't have been easier. My finicky kids liked it. I tend to like boxed stuffing, too, so I enjoyed it. I used a "regular" sized box of stove-top stuffing and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Wish they gave the nutritional info for this recipe, though! Thanks Bekah.Reply
Excellent. DH gobbled this up. It didn't specify what size stuffing package; I had a canister so I made enough for 6 servings. I added a smidgeon (less than 1/4 cup) more of water, b/c the soup mixture seemed a tad thick, and I used low-sodium cream of mushroom soup. Cooked right about 6 hour -- the chicken was moist & delicious, & you're right about not needing any seasoning! This was sooo flavorful and a real snap to make! Thanks!!Reply
WOW - I added onions and celary to the stuffing mix and added a 10 oz tin of mushrooms (that is the way they come in Canada) and Campbell's golden mushroom soup. I used 3 huge chicken breasts (must be mutant birds). Everyone really liked it. Next time though, I think I will put most of the soup directly on the chicken and only put a few Tbsp. directly on the stuffing mix. I would like the stuffing to be a little firmer.Reply
see 7 more