Taste of Summer Salad
I made this using what fresh vegetables I had on hand. Feel free to add in your favorite veggies! Use what herbs you have on hand and enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced very thin (I use mandoline)
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced very thin
- 1 -2 ear fresh corn, kernels removed
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced thin (or use chives or red onion)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced thin (or green) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled (or use feta or cheese of choice or leave out)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette (or to taste)
- Mix all the veggies and herbs in a bowl.
- Pour in dressing and toss to mix.
- Divide the mix between 4 salad bowls.
- Sprinkle each salad with cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made 1 serving of this to take for lunch today and after a taste I'm already wishing that I had made the full recipe. I used shredded parm since I didn't have goat cheese and it's another item that I can't get here in town. Love the veggie variety's flavors and colors. This grand salad and a few crackers on the side it just the thing! :D
Made this last night to go with BBQ steak, baked potatoes, and Honey-Baked Red Onions#49817...oh what a wonderful meal! I followed the recipe except for cutting down for 2 and I found out I was out of goat cheese so I used Feta...sliced the squash with the madoline on a very thin setting and everything worked out great. DH liked it very much but the first comment was squash...he licked the bowl clean. Thank you! Made for Cook-A-Thon for Sharon123 and Think Pink Cancer Awareness tag 2010.