Taste of Home Rice Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cinnamon stick (optional)
- fresh fruit (optional)
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in rice and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in milk and sugar. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; stir in butter.
- Serve warm or chilled. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fruit if desired. .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!