Tasha's Grilled Chicken Sandwich
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- Heat a non stick pan over med. high heat.
- Season breast with seasoning salt, and cook until done through.
- Meanwhile brush oil on 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Remove chicken from pan reduce heat to med. and place 1 slice of bread oil side down in the pan.
- Top with crumbled feta, sliced avocado and Tomato, then chicken and lettuce.
- Spread dijon on the bare side of the 2nd slice of bread and place oil side up.
- Grill until golden brown and then CAREFULLY flip the sandwich over and toast the other side.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What's there not to adore about this sandwich? It has all the components of a 10 star sammy. I used all fresh ingredients, I made my own bread, arugula (lettuce) from the garden, had some fresh feta, (creamy tasting) and loved every-single-bite. Instead of oil on the bread, I painted the bread with a small amount of low-fat Hellman's mayonnaise - and toasted the bread with that. Thanks for posting such a gi-normously flavored sandwich! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* April 2010
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My Family and I moved to South Africa at the beginning of 2007 to be missionaries. My Husband is the Pastor of a church in Eden Park, a township in the Jo'burg area. We are having a great time. My kids love it (3 of them, 1 born here). We have got to do many exciting things( pet lion cubs, feed giraffes, eat Zebra(gross!)and other meats(Warthog was surprisingly the best, go figure) and swim on a beach with penguins, to name a few). I have always loved to bake but just got into cooking since moving over here. There were a lot of things I couldn't find over here(and still can't) that we were wanting so I started searching for good recipes for everything from sausage, salad dressing and root beer,to enchilada sauce, Macayo's baja sauce(posted), and Applebees hot wings! A fellow missionary turned me on to this site and My husband got me a membership for this last birthday. I am loving it!