Tangy Thai Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- asian fish sauce (optional)
- chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Combine curry paste and oil in a bowl. Stir until paste is softened.
- Mix in 3/4 of the coconut milk and taste the mixture. If it tastes bland, add more curry paste and salt, until it is pleasantly pungent. If too spicy, add a little more coconut milk.
- Place chicken into a plastic zip lock bag, pour in marinade and seal. Toss to coat evenly. Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. For a more intense flavor, marinate for several hours in refrigerator.
- Drain and discard the marinade. In a skillet or on a grill, on medium heat, grill the chicken 10 to 12 minutes, turning onto each side twice. Brush each side with a few tablespoons of chili sauce.
- The chicken is done when it is white throughout, but still juicy and the sauce is a bit caramelized in spots.
- Serve the chicken breasts whole or thickly sliced and mounded on a platter over rice. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro. You can also serve a little chili sauce on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was an easy meal & did have a Thai flavor to the chicken. The recipe doesn't specify the amount of coconut milk. I used about a half of a can; just enough to have liquid to marinate the chicken. I let it marinate most of the day turning the bag ever so often. I sliced the chicken when done and served on a salad. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in 1942 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in this GREAT United States of America. I have since resided in Baltimore Maryland, Atlanta Georgia, Orlando Florida, Fort Lauderdale Florida, Los Angeles California, Selma Oregon, and now in Albuquerque New Mexico. I have enjoyed not only eating, but cooking all my life.