Tangy Asian Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- 3 scallions, white and light-green parts, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup jarred chinese plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Combine pork, panko, scallions, egg, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a large bowl; mix gently but thoroughly with your fingers. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Mist slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add meatballs. In a small bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, plum sauce and hoisin sauce; pour over meatballs. Gently stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low until meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 5 hours.
Join The Conversation