photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red pepper, red, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated amount depending on taste (about a cup and a half)
- 2 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, lime flavoured, broken
- 3⁄4 cup Catalina dressing (to taste)
- Cook ground beef or turkey with onions, drain and rinse.
- Shake in colander to ensure it has no excess liquid.
- Add pkg of taco seasoning.
- Put in fridge or freezer to cool.
- Once meat mixture has cooled prepare additional ingredients.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Dice or sliver red pepper.
- Quarter you choice of mini bell cheese, your choice, e.g. brie.
- Chop lettuce.
- Mix above ingredients.
- Top with lime tortilla chips and cheese
- Toss with Catalina or Russian dressing; start with 1/2 cup and mix--you will likely need another 1/4 cup or more.
- (This is one of those recipes where you pretty much add the amounts according to you taste, however start with less dressing (as the saying goes - you can always and but you can't take it away.
- As a meal serves four. As part of a potluck serves 10 or more.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I make this in the Summer and DH and I enjoy it out on the deck in the evening. the only think I do differently is to add Cheddar instead of Mozz. and Tomatoes instead of the Peppers but thats the beauty of this salad you can add or leave out whatever you like to it. This is a great salad! Thanks for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I am currently taking my masters in social work, but cooking is my passion. I just would not be able to stand the hours working in a restaurant. I would never see my husband. So I am an amateur chef. I judge cooking contests like the Canadian national BBQ tournament etc. and love cooking for friends and family. I have a cookbook in process. Who knows if I will ever try to publish it but I will definitely give it as gifts to friends and family. My favourite parties to host are theme parties eg. I Okboberfest, Mexican and Thai etc. I generally do the research and each person can either choose from the recipes I have found or bring one of their own. I like to give the option since a lot of people don't necessarily have any recipes for that particular theme party. Anyway its fun. I nice break from University and a really good excuse to get together with friends and family. My other favourite things are gardening, knitting, sports and fitness. I also volunteer for a nursing home working with altzheimers and senile dementia patients, and for big sisters and I work part time for Planned Family Networks matching young adults with mental and / or physical challenges with a network of people they can count on when their parents can no longer take care of them. FYI This was the only day I've ever had straight hair. It was great while it lasted but I'm not spending an hour staightening it whan I can shower and do practically nothing by leaving it curly.