Swiss steak stew
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 20mins
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups quartered unpeeled small red potatoes
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise,thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and seasoned salt; mix well, add beef pieces and turn to coat.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot, add beef, cook 5-6 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, add tomatoes and water to any remaining flour mixture; mix well, set aside.
- In a 3 1/2-4-quart slow cooker, layer potatoes, browned beef, onion and bell pepper; pour tomato mixture over top.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7-8 hours.
- Add corn; mix well.
- Cover; cook additional 15-30 minutes or until corn is tender.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!