Sweet Potato Strata
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 white baking potatoes (sliced very thin)
- 4 sweet potatoes (sliced very thin)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar (not granulated)
- Prepare at least 24 hours in advance of serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and butter a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Layer the slices of potatoes in the pan. Begin and end with sweet potatoes. Five to eight layers depending on how thin the potatoes are sliced.
- In a sauce pan, combine the cream, syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and stir constantly. Remove the mixture from the heat and pour over the layered potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2 x 2 inch squares while still in the pan. Refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours. If you don't, it won't set properly and will be "soupy".
- Before serving cover and microwave on a safe plate or serving platter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Work in a High School Library. Two grown children and have been cooking for what seems like forever, but never tire of trying new things. I'm Italian American but like all kinds of good food. Marcella Hazan's cookbook is a favorite.