Sweet Potato Fries
These fries are made from sliced sweet potatoes and baked in the oven until crisp on the outside and chewy inside. Delicious!!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 medium raw sweet potatoes or 3 medium yams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and then slice into small strips that resemble standard french fries & place in large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle potatoes with olive oil & all spices, toss until each potato is covered in oil and spices.
- Spread potatoes on boiling pans or wire racks over baking sheets (allows for excess oil to drip and not sit on fries).
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (until browned, they will still be pliable).
- Serve with sour cream or my spicy sour cream dip.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are great! I thought they might be too peppery when I mixed the seasonings together, but they had a great mix of flavor. I had some sweet potatoes that I got from the farmer's market, so I scrubbed them and sliced them into "coins." I followed the recipe exactly (except I used 4 potatoes, because one was kinda smaller). When I make these, I always put the potatoes in a gallon ziploc baggie and coat them all with oil that way. I threw most of the seasoning mixture in the baggie (and shook it again) after they were all coated with oil, and sprinkled them with the rest of the seasoning when they were on the pan. The seasoning does clump up a little this way, but it's not too bad, and it's way less of a mess. The time and temp of baking were perfect (I baked mine for 50 minutes). I had them plain and my husband had them with Ranch dressing. This was a nice change from the usual Cajun seasoning sweet potato fries. Thanks!Reply
see 8 more