Sweet Potato and Pear Casserole
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves, juice reserved
- In a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish, combine the potatoes, 2 T butter, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan, blend the honey, 1 T butter, orange peel, and 3 T of reserved pear juice; bring to a boil.
- Arrange the pear halves over the potato mixture, then pour the honey mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
wow! This was the star of our Thanksgiving dnner!! I used becel marg instead of butter and splenda brown instead of regular brown sugar. I used fresh pears and so did not have reserved juice, I used orange juice to replace it. Turned out wonderful!! This recipe will become a regular at any special dinner we have from now on!! Absolutely delicious!! thanks for posting.