Southern Sweet Pickle Relish
A basic, sweet pickle relish recipe for canning.
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 20mins
- 4 cups ground cucumbers, unpeeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground green bell peppers
- 3 cups finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 teaspoons chopped dill (optional)
- Combine all veg in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt, add water to cover and let stand for 5 hours.
- Drain well and press out remaining liquid.
- Combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in veg and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pack into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 15 more