Sweet German Chocolate Pie With a Walnut Crust
photo by Jane from Ohio
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 18mins
- Mix walnuts and margarine or butter in a 9 inch pie plate until well blended. Press on the bottom and sides of pie plate. Refrigerate.
- Microwave chocolate and 2 tablespoons of milk in large microwaveable bowl on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate incompletely melted.
- Beat in cream cheese,sugar and remaining milk. Refrigerate 10 minutes to cool.
- Gently stir in whipped topping until smooth.
- Spoon into crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish as desired. (I used chocolate curls).
- Let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes or until pie can be cut easily. Store leftover pie in the freezer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!