Sweet and Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
When you just need comfort food!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups slides white button mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 2 inch pieces. You can choose to peel yours, but I like the flavor and left mine on.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and peeled garlic with olive oil. Stir to coat evenly. There is no need to chop the garlic.
- Place on a foil lined rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- While it's baking, combine the three soups and water.
- Saute mushrooms in 1 Tbsp of butter until golden brown and most of the water has cooked off. Combine with gravy mixture.
- When potatoes and garlic are soft, transfer to a stand mixer or large bowl. Mix with 4 tbsp of butter and chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour gravy over potatoes and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION