Suzie-Q's Taco Cornbread Casserole
- Ready In:
2 Quart Casserole
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread or (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can french dried onion, divided in half
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown beef, drain.
- Stir in corn, tomato sauce, water, green pepper, taco seasoning & mix well.
- Spoon into 2 quart baking dish.
- Prepare corn bread as directed on package (you may have to add a tad more water or milk so that you can pour the cornbread mix on top).
- Stir half of the onions into the cornbread mix.
- Spread over beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese (you may want to use more; 1/3 c is not a lot for people who like their food cheesy!) and remaining onions.
- Bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Insert toothpick to check cornbread for doneness before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mom of 3; my hubby works over the road so whenever he comes home I like the idea of trying new recipes...notice I said "the idea" lol...haven't done it that much but hopefully I can start with some good ideas from here! <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">