Super Simple Pineapple Cake
This cake takes just minutes to prepare and tastes great. It's a low fat recipe because there's no need for eggs or butter. I frost it with a powdered sugar glaze sweetened with some pineapple juice, but you could substitute cream cheese frosting.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Combine flour, sugar, vanilla, baking soda.
- Gently mix in undrained can of crushed pineapple. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pineapple juice to use in the glaze.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until center is set. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Frosting: In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla, pineapple juice, and milk. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick. It should be a little runny.
- Pour glaze over hot cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I decided to take a chance on this recipe, and I'm really glad I did. Simple and easy to make I was able to prep this while on the phone. I used whole wheat pastry flour and half splenda. For the milk I used skim. I made this specifically to put in my son's lunchbox. He really enjoyed it, as did my husband and I. My daughter was not as much of a fan, but she seems to have something against crushed pineapple! I have frozen a few pieces for later lunches. I figure that the glaze will somewhat come off on the foil during defrost, but my son (7) will probably just lick it off anyway! Thanks so much for such an easy low fat recipe!1Reply
I'm sorry, but this cake was not to our taste at all. I followed the recipe to the T. And it came out sticky, with a nasty taste. My family laughed at me because I have never baked a nasty cake and had to throw it in the garbage. Everyone has their opinion, but I would not recommend this to no one. I can see that eggs and butter or oil were important ingredients not to leave out.1Reply