- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour orange marmalade into a bowl and add about 1/2 can of the coke.
- Let it set while you prepare the ham.
- Remove visible fat from ham and make crisscross cuts in the ham.
- Place in a 9x13 baking pan and pour the marmalade/coke mixture over the ham.
- Place in oven uncovered and bake for 20 minutes.
- This allows the marmalade to set or crisp on the ham.
- After 20 minutes, cover the ham with foil and bake an additional 30 to 45 minutes.
- Baste with pan drippings every 15 minutes.
- If there are not enough pan drippings, mix up more marmalade mixture to baste the ham.
- Uncover the ham the last 20 to 30 minutes and baste every 7 or 8 minutes.
- Allow the marmalade mixture to brown until dark brown in color.
- Remove from oven and place ham onto a platter to cool before cutting.
- Total cook time is about 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So good and extremely easy! Have had this recipe in my cookbook for a long time and am glad I finally gave it a try. I've made Coca-cola hams before, the coke tenderizes the meat, but the addition of orange marmalade gives it a wonderful flavor. Note that the recipe calls for only half a can of coke. My ham was larger, a Cook's 9.25 pound shank, so after 20 minutes at 375, I covered and reduced the heat to 325 for an additional 2 hours 40 minutes (directions said bake at 325 for 20 minutes/pound). Made a lovely Sunday dinner that even the kids enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!