Summer Vegetarian Chili
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From EatSmart article in Parade Magazine with minor modifications by me. Delicious for lunch or dinner and quite versatile.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large chopped red onion
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can hot Mexican tomato sauce (I use el pato brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 cup water or 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup chopped white mushroom
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in medium pot.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin.
- Saute over medium heat until onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add more liquid if needed.
- Serve over brown rice, garnish with cheese, sourc cream and cilantro if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION