Stuffed Microwave Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 12 fresh large mushrooms (washed and dried)
- 3 tablespoons soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- grated cheese (a farily strong cheese gives a good flavour)
- Melt butter in a bowl (one minute on FULL power).
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop the stems finely. Add breadcrumbs to the melted butter and stir. Combine chopped stems and spring onions to this mixture.
- Place filling into the mushroom caps and top with grated cheese. Please Note: If filling becomes stiff and hard to handle soften in Microwave oven for 30 seconds.
- Place mushrooms in a circle on a flat serving dish and microwave on HIGH/FULL POWER for 3-4 minutes or until just soft.
- Serve as a side dish or as an entree.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
DM and myself had these as part of a vegetarian lunch and they were delicious. I made 4 mushroom (weight 200 grams) but had to double the stuffing mixture to adequately fill the mushrooms, used mozarella and parmesan to top and they took 3 minutes on high to cook in a 900 watt microwave oven. Thank you Polly_Waffle_Kid for another delicious mushroom recipe to add to my cookbook. Made for Make My Recipe Tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi my names bree, which is short for Brionaigh. Don't ask how to pronounce it cause you will probably never get it! lol. I am 16 years old and living on the Mornington Peninsula Victoria Australia. I'm currently completing year 11 VCE in high school in victoria australia. I have a passion for irish dancing which takes up more of my life than school and home work and i compete in state and national competitions each year. travelling to many different states in Australia is part of Irish Dancing. In my spare time i love to cook with my mum in the kitchen and make anything we can come up with from what we have in our pantry. I also spend alot of my time on the internet chatting with my friends and just avoiding homework. I take foodtech as one of my vce subjects and love to spend a double period in the kitchen with my friends. Hope you enjoy some of my simple recipes that I love to make on a weekly basis.