Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Slice squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds and discard.
- Place squash, cut edges down, in a large baking dish.
- Fill dish with hot water until 1/2 inches deep.
- At 350 degrees, bake, uncovered for 40 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, cook apple and onion in butter for about 10 minutes, or until apples and onions are tender.
- Mix together apple mixture, cheese, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a big bowl.
- Arrange baked squash, cut edges up, in the large baking dish.
- Fill squash with apple mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until squash is tender and cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a wonderful side dish, and very pretty! The combination of raisins, apples and cheese with the squash was great. It was a lot of food for the two of us (I used one small white swan squash) so we had leftovers for ages. In one of our reheats of it, I took it out of the shell and mixed it all together, threw a little butter on top and warmed it up. I think it was even better this way because you got all the flavours mixed together. DH and I both ate more of it once it was out of the shell (though it doesn't look as nice as it did in the beginning:) Thanks for a great recipe!