Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 pie shell, baked (either store bought or your own recipe)
- 16 marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons strawberries, crushed
- red food coloring
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (tempered in the refrigerator to soften slightly...about 1/2 hour)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- whole berries, for garnish
- Heat marshmallows with crushed strawberries slowly, folding over and over until half melted.
- Remove from heat and continue folding until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add a drop or two of food coloring (you're looking for a pleasing pink color).
- Beat egg whites until they hold a peak, add sugar slowly, beating constantly; add salt.
- Blend lightly with marshmallow mixture.
- Pile ice cream into pie shell, cover with sliced strawberries and top with fluffy marshmallow meringue swirled attractively.
- Brown quickly under broiler or hot oven just until the tips of the meringue turn golden, about 30 seconds.
- Remove pie from oven, tuck whole berries in swirls; serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!