Stove Top Meatloaf With Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- salt and pepper
- Mix the ground beef with salt, pepper and bread crumbs. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the beaten egg. Turn out on a board and form a loaf by turning and patting it into shape.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven or a deep fry pan. Carefully brown the loaf on all sides.
- When brown, add the beef broth and tomatoes to the pan. When it begins to bubble, add the onion soup mix.
- Cover and turn down the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 1 hour.
- Place on a warm plate, cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Put the hot tomato sauce in a bowl to pass and slice the meatloaf with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley if you like. If there are leftovers, refrigerate.
- Very good in an open-face sandwich topped with the hot sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!