Stove Top Charred Breakfast Burritos
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1⁄2 1/2 lb Italian sausage or 1/2 lb breakfast sausage
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 flour tortillas
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan heat the beans over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the sausage and onion.
- When sausage is browned pour in the eggs and scramble, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pan from heat but leave burner on (if electric stove, if you do not use an electric stove I'd recommend just warming in the microwave) using your fingers or tongs lay the majority of the tortilla directly on the burner for 1 second. Lift off and repeat on other side, rotating and switching sides until the tortilla is warm and slightly charred.
- On warmed tortilla place half egg mixture, a scoop of beans, two slices of provolone and salsa to taste.
- Roll up in the style of a burrito.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a newlywed recently transplanted from the Pacific Northwest to Central California. I've been cooking for as long as I can remember and am always willing to try out new things. I look forward to finding new recipes and meeting new people here on 'Zaar. Onward to the kitchen!