Stone Lion Inn Scones
Scone Recipe I got off the King Arthur Flour Baking Circle. com site
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (preferably Kosher)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon melted butter, for brushing top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Measure dry ingredients and mix together in a bowl with a fork. Add dried fruit and mix so that fruit does not stick together.
- Add cream and stir until a dough forms. Gather dough together in bowl and turn out onto work surface dusted with flour. Knead 8 - 10 times until dough holds together.
- Pat dough into a circle approximately 10" in diameter and brush top with melted butter. At this point I sometimes sprinkle the top with coarse sugar. Cut dough into 12 triangles and place on buttered sheet pan (or use parchment paper on the sheet pan). Bake for 15 minutes until just golden. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Makes 12 scones.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I baked these for exactly 15 minutes, and the bottoms burned a little, so I will likely reduce the baking time next time. The texture of these was nice, and these scones were a lot easier to make than the other scone recipes that I've tried. I may also add vanilla and/or almond extract next time. We used dried wild blueberries in our scones, but they would also taste good with fresh or frozen!Reply
see 1 more