Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour (more if dough is sticky)
- Stir together yeast, water, oil, and honey in a bowl to dissolve the yeast.
- Next add salt and whole wheat flour.
- Mix well, then add white flour.
- Knead the dough until it's smooth and elastic (you can never'over-knead' the dough, sometimes I even punch the dough; it helps relieve stress!).
- Cover with a towel and let raise 20 minutes.
- Punch down and shape into a round loaf, place on greased cookie sheet, cover, and let raise until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!