Stir-Fried Tofu With Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 1⁄2 ounces five-spice baked tofu, finely sliced
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon julienned gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup chinese shaoxing wine or 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup julienned scallion
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- Cut carrot and zucchini in half lengthwise, then finely slice on the bias. Remove seeds and membranes from pepper and cut into fine julienne.
- Heat oil in a hot wok until surface seems to shimmer slightly. Add carrot, tofu, onion and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add wine or sherry, zucchini, pepper and sugar and stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour in soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce and sesame oil and stir-fry for a further minute or until vegetables are just tender. Toss in scallion and sesame seeds, stir-fry for 10 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Transfer to a large bowl and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!