Steamed Chorizo Dim Sims
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
16 dim dims
- Dice the chorizo with a knife or process briefly in a food processor. It doesn't have to be especially finely diced so a sharp knife will save some cleanup.
- Mix chorizo, garlic, ginger, onion and soy sauce well in a small bowl.
- Put around a teaspoon of mixture into the middle of each wonton. Exact amount of mixture will depend a bit on the size of the wrappers.
- Brush around the edge of each wonton wrapper as making with a little water and wrap into packages. There is probably a proper way to do this but I find the easiest is to fold left and right inwards, top and bottom inwards so it ends up square and then gently squeeze in the palm of my hand to form a rounder shape.
- They stick very easily so place baking paper into a steamer and prepare the steamer as per usual until steaming well.
- Steam for approximately 10 minutes. Because of the chorizo you really only need to warm through and not cook as long as you would with raw meat.
- Serve with sweet & sour sauce, sweet chilli, soy sauce or whatever else takes your fancy for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live close Hobart in Tasmania, a wonderful part of Australia but a little chilly in winter so be sure to book your holiday for summer! I'm self-employed in the embedded electronics area and being at home most of the day gives me plenty of time to prepare those recipes with long preparation and cooking times. As most of my clients are either interstate or overseas I get to occasionally catch up with them and enjoy their local restaurants, always nice to have someone else paying the bills! <br /> <br />As well as food I'm partial to the odd beer & wine, so often like to go to a local pub and catch some local bands. No need for an alarm clock in the morning, my cat Molly likes her breakfast at 8:00AM sharp and makes an effective alarm! Lately I've been starting to get into some digital photography so you might be seeing a few additional recipe shots on Zaar... <br /> <br /><a href=http://www.satsleuth.com/VisitorMap/stats.php?id=vUa1ya8Z> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/VisitorMap/globes/Globe_vUa1ya8Z.gif alt= /></a></p>