St. Patricks Noodles With Spinach
Here is a soothing recipe for anytime of the year.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked medium noodles
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- In a saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Place noodles in a slow cooker, and add the rest of ingredients except for cheddar cheese, and stir until well blended.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, fold in cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
With the chefs permission I baked this in the oven, since I dont have a slow-cooker --- I prepared the noodles on the stovetop, mixed everything together as directed and cooked in a covered casserole on a low heat. I uncovered it and sprinkled with cheese for the last 15-20 minutes. Noting other comments I did add some red pepper flakes, and some minced garlic. We loved this, and I was excited to have enough left over to have for my lunch today -- even better, I might add! Thank you, loved the recipe, --- oh, sudden thought, I had a generous tablespoonful of basil pesto in the fridge, so added it with the spinach mixture, just a little extra taste!<br/><br/>Made for PRMR tag game, thank you!Reply
What a wonderful surprise this recipe was! Simple and delicious. I used fresh spinach (chopped), fat-free half and half and lowfat cheese with excellent results. For seasoning salt I used a mixture of salt, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt and sweet paprika. The noodles stayed tender without getting mushy and the half and half made a nice creamy sauce that the cheese melted right into. Served this is a main dish and just loved it - thanks for sharing the recipe!Reply
see 4 more