Spinach & Asiago Crepes
NB There was a wrong amount for the mace in the recipe - It said 1 tsp. It is now corrected to the correct amount of 1/4 tsp. Easy Tasty appetizer. Can be a "Do ahead" recipe. If you wish you can make this as a side dish for dinner just double the size of the crepes. The crepes as appetizers should be apprx 6" across. The recipe may be cut in half or doubled. Make a large batch of crepes they freeze really well. Just layer them with wax paper between each and wrap well in plastic . Then you will have them on hand for any easy appetizer - Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne, peppers ground
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons cooking onions, chopped
- 8 tablespoons white mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace, ground
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups spinach, fresh, chopped, firmly pressed into the cup
- 2 slices bacon, fried, crumbled (optional)
- 8 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- Beat together the crepe ingredients.(Egg, Flour, Milk & water).
- Pour approx 3 tbsp of batter into a no stick heated pan (medium High heat) swirl around to form a 6" crepe.
- Cook 1 minute flip and cook a further 1/2 minute.
- Remove & place on a plate with a pieces of wax paper covering it. Continue til you have cooked all the crepes.
- Saute the tomato, onion & mushrooms in a medium size fry pan until the onion is translucent (approx 5 minutes).
- Add Salt & Pepper & Mace.
- Add spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted - (add bacon if using).
- Place 2 1/2 tbsp of filling on edge of each crepe, roll up and place it in an oven proof dish.
- You may now set the ready crepes aside until 10 minutes before serving or continue to the end of the recipe.
- Sprinkle the Asiago over the crepes.
- Bake in 375 oven for 10 minutes. If the asiago isn't golden broil for a minute.
- Serve warm.