Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
6 large bowls
- 4 ounces unsalted peanuts, lightly toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 serrano peppers (seed if less heat is desired) or 2 Thai chiles, minced (seed if less heat is desired)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 2⁄3 cups coconut milk (one 13.5 oz can)
- 1 2⁄3 cups water (use the can to measure)
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped and roasted
- In a food processor, combine peanuts, garlic, ginger, chiles, cilantro, mint, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and zest and brown sugar and process until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oils over medium heat and add the onion.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onion is beginning to turn golden - about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Let cool slightly, then pour into a food processor or blender, add the peanut mixture and puree smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"