Spicy Peanut Brittle
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry roasted salted peanuts (Note, I have used unsalted and still tastes good but lower in sodium)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Also spray a metal spatula (and yes it matters, goo will stick to all others and make it impossible to work with)
- set aside cookie sheet and spatula.
- In a large bowl, mix the peanuts, hot pepper sauce and allspice
- Put sugar and corn syrup into a large glass microwavable bowl.
- Stir mixture - will be very thick but will change when heated.
- Microwave, uncovered on high for 4 minutes.
- stir again.
- add in spicy peanut mixture.
- stir until blended.
- Return to microwave and cook on high 4-5 minutes longer.
- Stir in butter.
- Microwave 45 seconds.
- Very quickly add in baking soda and vanilla and stir. It will foam and the color witl lighten.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan and spread as thin as possible with prepared spatula.
- Cool, break into pieces (put in bag and use hammer to smash is easiest).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to cook (when time allows). Addicted to food network shows and recipie websites like this one.