Spicy Indian Kofta
photo by Ivansocal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb or 1 1/2 lbs beef
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cayenne bell peppers (I just used Thai bird's eye chilies)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 6 mint leaves, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 medium potato, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- Put the ground meat in a larger bowl, and add ginger, garlic, cayenne peppers, onion, egg, tumeric, garam masala, cilantro, mint, potato, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well (you'll have to use your hands for this one).
- Form golf ball sized balls with the meat mixture, and set aside.
- Allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375º.
- Place the kofta on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake 25 minutes or until cooked through, and slightly browned.
- Serve hot, with nan bread, cucumber-yogurt sauce and a fresh tomato and mint salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!