Spicy Beef Pitas
- Ready In:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons habanero peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 pita bread
- salt and pepper, to taste
- preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and 2 garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining garlic, the chile and cumin and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet and bake for apx 5 minutes until a little brown.
- Top with ground beef mixture and serve with garlic yogurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, my 16 year-old son, our four- year old daughter, and two cats, one dog and a gecko. <br /> <br />I'm a stay-at-home mom as well as a Real Estate Agent with Connect Realty. It's keeping me busy and I don't have nearly as much time to check out Zaar as I'd like. <br /> <br />Although I really like to cook, I can't always devote the time to cooking. I've found many recipes on this site that can be made quickly that are very tasty and healthy. I've also found A TON of recipes that I'm dying to try. <br />I've been able to contribute a few recipes to this site. Just so you know, I am THE WORST when it comes to typing. Many errors. If you see a typo on a recipe of mine I apologize in advance. ;-)</p>