Sparkling Grape Soda
A refreshing drink, so much better than the canned stuff! Adapted from Vegetarian Planet cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups red seedless grapes (or green)
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- ice (or frozen green grapes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups seltzer water (soda water)
- Combine fresh grapes, mint leaves, and sugar in a blender. Blend on high speed 10 seconds. Add lime juice and grated ginger; blend again for a few seconds.
- Pour the mix through a fine meshed strainer or sieve into a bowl, pressing with a spatula to extract as much liquid as possible. Pour the grape liquid into two large glasses filled with ice(or frozen grapes). Top each glass with half of the seltzer water(or soda water) and stir. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- If you would like to use frozen grapes instead of ice, place the grapes in the freezer several hours before making grape soda.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Another exciting drink from sharon. What a winner. This is so good. I have to admit I was a little aprehensive, but the ginger and the mint marry beautifully with the grapes and the lime juice. Simply a wonderful recipe that I will make again and again. This pretty drink was very quick and easy to make, refreshing and full of flavor. Thanks for sharing.