Spanish Tortilla (Potato Omelette)
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- Slice the potatoes as thin as possible and dry with a paper towel.
- Sauté potatoes and onions in olive oil over medium heat, turning frequently, until golden brown (about three minutes).
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with salt and pepper until foamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the eggs over the potatoes, cover, lower the heat, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the omelette is set and the bottom is golden brown.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, cover with the other plate, flip, and slide the omelette back into the pan, so that the cooked side is on top.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes longer.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is very good and was ready in no time. I used my Kitchenaid slicer attachment and the potatoes were cut in about 30 seconds! Great instructions and I followed them to a 't'. I added more salt and pepper when it was done, but that's about it. I suppose you could use an egg substitute in a pinch. Made for 1~2~3 Tag. Thanks Katzen! :)
Made for V'gn Swap July 09. This is usu. my DH's specialty, but I tried this. I thought it wasn't quite as good as his, but he loved it! I added garlic powder to the potatoes and the eggs, but otherwise made as is. I added more oil bcz it didn't look like enough, but then it ended up being too much! Also used the box grater to slice; worked well.
Made this for my morning meal & it was nice ~ Nothing fancy, but very satisfying for breakfast, especially when dressed a little with a nice salsa! Not sure I'd change a thing, & it's definitely a recipe I'll keep on hand! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the FAMILY PICKS portion of ZWT5]
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a now vegan who used to make one heck of a souvlaki. I love cooking, I was a huge fan of Moosewood and Molly Katzen prior to going vegan (although that has nothing to do with my choosing the name Katzen - that's just what my German Grandma has called me all my life.) Aside from cooking, I also love scuba diving, cycling, politics, and reading.