Spanish Tinto De Verano
- Ready In:
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (a cheap tempranillo works great, or any medium bodied red)
- 2 liters lime flavored seltzer water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 slices oranges (to garnish)
- Fill 16 oz. glass about 1/3 of the way with wine.
- Mix in 1 tbsp sugar into wine.
- Add a few cubes ice.
- Top off with seltzer and mix. Taste.
- It will probably need more sugar, but i like to add it slowly. I've found there's a fine line between bitter and overly sweet when it comes to this drink. Add bit by bit, mixing and tasting as you go, until you have a refreshing summer drink.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
- Happy hunting!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been working in restaraunts and bars since I was fourteen. I grew up in a family of cooks where my father would hand me a spoon and say "keep stirring this roux for the next hour. . . KEEP STIRRING!" and my grandmother had me frying foods at six years old. I spent the last two years in Spain, and for any food lover who's never been, get off your ass.