Spaghetti With Best-Ever Bolognese Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half and half milk or 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat spaghetti or (16 ounce) package regular spaghetti
- grated parmesan cheese, Romano cheese (optional) or asiago cheese (optional)
- fresh oregano (optional)
- . In 12-inch skillet brown ground beef, onion, carrot, and garlic until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain off fat.
- 2. Add half-and-half. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until half-and-half is nearly evaporated. Stir in broth, then vinegar. Return to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, seasoning, pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti, with 1 tablespoon salt added to water, according to package directions Drain. Serve spaghetti with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and oregano. Makes 8 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!